An Encouraging Word

An Encouraging Word
www.biblescreen.com

Monday 18 May 2015

My Cups Overflows--You Might Want to Read This: PART 2


There are so many verses that have come to have a more special meaning to me over the past few years.  One of the ones that I am thinking about today is  “My cup overflows.” (Psalms 23)

Why is my cup overflowing today?

After waiting for more than a year and a half, today we finally brought home our baby girl.  Yes, you are reading this right.  Today, we brought home Taylor Faith!!! 

At 8:00 this morning (on the dot), we arrived to meet Taylor and have her join our family.  There were lots of tears, but after a short time (shorter than we expected anyway), she was starting to seem more comfortable.

We stayed and visited with some friends and gave Taylor some time to warm up to us.  Then after lunch we got in the van and headed home.  She slept the whole way—which was a true blessing.

After getting home, she mainly just sat and cuddled with us, but she also had some good bonding time playing with her big sister Autumn.  She didn’t eat too much, but she did eat everything that we gave her which was another huge blessing. 

Tonight when I put her in bed she really settled down and started to show her true personality.  When she realized that the mattress was soft, she started jumping up and down and clapping.    Normally I might not encourage this behavior, but I thought for the first night I was just glad she was smiling.  She was just SO happy.  I prayed for her and thanked God for giving us such a beautiful blessing in Taylor.  Then I thought I would just slip out and see what would happen.  Believe it or not, she didn’t cry but just sat in bed talking for a while and then eventually went to sleep.  Not a single tear.  In fact after we got home today there were no tears except for when she wanted one of us to hold her—which we were overjoyed to do.

I know that it could still be a difficult week for her, but we are so excited…thankful…joyful….so many emotions that I can’t fully verbalize them all.  Thank you for all your prayers and I will ask for forgiveness ahead of time for all of the pictures that I might post of her in the days ahead.  

***The adoption is not final, but we have the awesome advantage of fostering her while we are in the process.  We hope that all will be finalized in August/September. 




1 comment:

  1. My heart overflows for you, Joel and the kids. I know this has been a dream of yours and Joel's for a very long time. God is so good. He heard the yearnings of your hearts so very long ago and in his infinite wisdom set the stage for Taylor Faith to be born so she could come into your lives. We can hardly wait to meet our new grandbaby, Taylor Faith Harting. We love you all so much.
    Mom and Henry

    ReplyDelete